Servicing Growing Communities Demonstration Project
The Servicing Growing Communities Demonstration Project was a model of service delivery with a strong focus on early intervention and prevention in the recognition that through better self-management of family problems and increased family resilience, a dramatic reduction in long-term service provision would eventuate.
The specific objectives of the project were to:
- Identify and implement a process for the active engagement of communities, Southern Metropolitan Region DHS staff and external stakeholders in planning, service developments and practice
- Design and pilot an innovative family outcomes model for service support across programs to build resilience and increase self-management
- Increase opportunities for family and community connectedness and engagement
- Increase community awareness of available prevention and early intervention services
- Trial the planning framework through the development of an action plan that responds to one or two identified community priorities.
- Prevention Programs.