How does this Tool work?
The Growth Areas Social Planning Tool outlines a process of planning for the community building needs of new communities by:
- Articulating a vision of community wellbeing
- Establishing the guiding principles for social planning
- Outlining a process for local government to establish partnerships with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Providing resources and relevant links to inform decision-making, implementation and evaluation
- Providing resources to assist stakeholders in advocating for growth area social planning
- Providing practitioners with an avenue to interact with one another and share good practice.
Steps to follow:
Local government assigns a project coordinator.
Project coordinator establishes an internal working group.
Working group establishes a partnership with external stakeholders.
Partners gather evidence to inform social planning focusing on community building needs.
Partnership explores options of good practice for establishing programs/processes.
Partners establish innovative solutions to address community building needs of the community.
Partners establish evaluation processes.