Your pathway through the process
The Growth Areas Social Planning Tool is a step-by-step guide for planning the programs, activities, services and infrastructure that enhance social connection and build community capacity.
The Tool has been primarily created for local governments to coordinate social planning for growth areas, but it is also useful for others involved in community building, including state government, developers, service providers, community organisations and community members.
The Tool helps community building practitioners navigate what can often be a complex process. Using this Tool should help you to:
- Establish a coordinated social planning process
- Set priorities
- Identify community needs and collect evidence
- Engage stakeholders, the community and build partnerships
- Plan your responses to the needs
- Ensure that community needs inform the land use planning process
- Evaluate and expand your community building initiatives as your community develops.